Help....put me on a schedule! Seriously! I need structure!

I have a DD that's 3, and twin 18 month old boys. I'm 36wks pregnant with another little boy :)
I seriously need structure. The boys go down at about 6pm, and DD passes out around 6:30 if she's NOT had a nap, then wakes up again at 8 and ends up being up til 10-11pm. If she DOES have a nap she doesn't go down until 9pm.
Being 36 wks along, i'm just exauhsted....It's 9AM here and i'm already tired (up @7, because that's when DD and boys all wake up).
Can anyone give me any suggestions, or give me an example of what you do with your kids? What Morning and Bedtime routines do you have???
What about during the day?....how do I keep them entertained....? It's like i've lost it...I lost all sense of order!
I really need some tough love on my schedule, so hit me! lol

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• 7:00 - kids up
    breakfast/ brush teeth
    clean up/ clean rooms
    playtime
    9:00 - morning snack (small enough to not spoil lunch, but big enough to hold them over)
    playdough, coloring, crafts, etc WITH mom
    outside time ---- park, backyard, take a walk, anything to get fresh air
    12:00 - lunch
    NAPS/ QUIET TIME for eveyone (even mom!)
    quiet play when they wake up to help others sleep
    3:00 - Afternoon snack
    playtime
    Daddy home (hopefully)
    6:00 - Dinner
    clean up
    family time
    7:30 - baths
    8:00 - books/ brush teeth
    8:30 - bedtime

* only keep meals, snacks, and sleeping on strict schedules and go with the feel of the day for everything else.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 10:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think I would try to enforce the nap or quiet time with the 3 year old so she would be ready for bed at the same time each night; my twins are almost 3, and they take about a 2 hour nap and go to bed around 9. If she is fighting bedtime maybe wake her up from her nap a little earlier than she normally gets up.If she won't fall asleep at nap time try making her room darker if you can. If that still doesn't help, then maybe allow her to have quiet time "reading" or watching a movie while your twins nap. You might try taking a break for yourself at that time too.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• LMAO! I know exactly how you feel! Its hard when the kids are smaller. I use to have a 3 yr and a newborn and watched two other toddlers and I got creative! My days started with me getting up at 5:30am for Mommy time (coffee, shower, breakfast) . Mine would wake up at 6 am and my two others showed up around 7. I served breakfast at 8 then off to the park, wash the car, mud pies, homemade playdough, nature walks, sidewalk chalk etc.....11 am was nap til 1. Then another activity that they could do while I cleaned and started up supper. Supper, baths, TV (quiet time) Bedtime was at 8pm with two stories. I dropped dead from exhaustion at 9pm!
    I had that same schedule for 5 yrs. Funny thing is, I can still get my teens to crash for a nap when I've had enough of them!
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Well mine go to bed at 10 and wake up around 8 usually. They nap only when they fall asleep in the car and it doesn't seem to affect their bedtime. Our routine is we get pajamas on, read 3 books, brush teeth, pray and go to bed. It works for us, I end up staying up way too late a lot of times, but at least I get to sleep in compared to other people. At that point in my pregnancy with my last baby I think I just went to bed as soon as they were down. I think your children are at a hard age right now, where they probably aren't entertaining themselves much, my older two are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 and they've reached the point where they will go off on play together which makes it a lot easier. I would consider myself in survival mode at that point, late pregnancy or having a newborn and if I needed to have my kids just watch tv while I rested I would. It will get better!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• As for keeping them busy and entertained, I highly recommend taking them outside several times a day. I'd also try to plan any outings for a specific time each day (mornings have always been best for us). You can have them do some activities like playdough or coloring at the table for a while each day. Have Daddy entertain them for a while when he's home too.
    TweenAndTwinMom

• WOW! Just. Wow. LOL

I would get the twins and your 3 yr old on the same schedule. Wake them up from naps after sleeping 2 hours and hopefully they will be ready for bed by 8 or 8:30. 3 yr olds can lay in bed with books if she has outgrown naps. Set a timer for her or an alarm.

Multitask as much as you can. Get your 3 yr old to pitch in as much as you can and try to make it fun.

Do 1 fun activity for the day.
    Balloons
    Let them mop - my kids love it.
    Bubbles outside.
    Park.
    Book and puzzle day.
    GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010