What's the 1 thing your MIL...

has done that's driven you the craziest? What does she do that just really gets on your last nerve?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• She threatens to call the cops on me because I "keep her from her grandchildren." She lives 3 hours from me. She has no worldy idea what it takes to get 4 little people up, fed, clothed, packed and ready for that trip. The only time we go out there is when dh is in town because its easier that way. (BTW I havent seen my OWN mom in 6 months. I just saw MIL 3 weeks ago.) Yet she still calls telling me I deny her the right (which I dont, she just wants me to jump to whenever the heck she wants) to see her grandchildren because she's white. YES SHE SAID BECAUSE SHE"S WHITE. Um your son is too but that didnt stop me from marrying him and having children.

That woman is going to have me smoking a peace pipe on someones porch soon. UGH
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The one thing....opening her mouth.....it never goes well :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 10:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• One thing, ha.. she tells me that because I do not have a paying job, I am not contributing to my household. Despite the fact that I wake up at 6 every morning, keep our home clean, cook all the meals, run all errands, and take care of our daughter. But I don't contribute..
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Whenever I try to do something with my son, she always "corrects" me. Like I was giving him a drink from my water bottle, and he always sticks the whole top in his mouth when he drinks from it. She said he likes it like this, and takes it and puts it how we would drink it, with his lip above it. She does things like that ALL the time. Liek she knows what he likes better, even though she sees him like once a week, and I have him 24/7! Grrrr.. lol. And when he was about a month old, my husband and I had her watch him so we could go out and have dinner alone, and she fed him mashed potatoes. I was p*ssed.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• she had a favorite grandchild. (I say had because she passed)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• makes excuses for my dh to be an asshole. If i ever call her to cry about him being an asshole she always takes his side and makes an excuse for him "well you know he has that long drive to work" or "you know his mouth has been bothering him"...i don't know why i call her!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• One thing? I can't decide. The fact that she is a wrinkly over grown child comes to mind.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yep, i'd say favorite grandchild too...and it isn't one of mine, that's for sure!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i use to think she was a great person but her true colors r starting to come out and she sucks as a person
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• she calls and texts and facebook messages us and writes on our walls and our status's and does it every single day!!! GRRR!!! We were married 22 April, and she has done all of the above every single day since we were married! I wouldn't mind it, but let us have time to adjust to being married, don't call the day after we got married!!! Geezus!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 10:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010