r u a stepmom?

has ur step child ever tried to make u and ur partner fight or just always seem to start a fight if so how old were they and what did u and ur partner do to stop it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• This has happened with us before. Everytime she would come down, she wouldn't really let us walk together. There was constent "My Daddy" remarks and about two years ago she let me know that I "better not have a baby with my daddy". I didn't know what to do so I went to my hubby and told him of this comment and he asked his daughter about it and she lied straight to his face about it. Then a couple of months ago we were walking in the mall and out of nowhere she tells her dad "you're not going to love me anymore if you have a baby with her." He then realized what was going on. The only thing I can say to you is take a deep breath and try not to argue about those things. We talked to her and told her how the things she says hurts. Hopefully that works. But, she is 11 and I just hope it gets better and not worse.
    ChristinaMarie1

Answer by ChristinaMarie1 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• NO.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Unfortunately, sometimes that goes with the territory. My husband and I talk about everything - the kids know that we are a team. After a few weeks of trying to cause trouble they stopped, they realized that they weren't going to get away with it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am a step mom and my DH is a step dad. We ALWAYS have presented a united front for the kids...his, mine and ours. They know us better than to try that crap! United we stand, devided we fall.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010