Do you cut your split ends if so how often do you cut them?

My finance says the only way to get my hair to start growing is to cut my split ends.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Cutting split ends isn't going to to make your hair grow faster, but it will look better (and be healthier). I get a trim about every 8 weeks, and even with all the dye in my hair it's very healthy and strong.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Actually he is right. If you don't your hair will break off on the ends because they are dead. Trim your hair when you notice a lot of your hair has split ends. I would suggest getting a good mosterizing Conditionair and leave in conditionair. Thats What I did. It helps a lot. And if you really want it to grow I would suggest getting some multi-vitamins.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• you should cut your hair every 4 to 5 weeks to keep it looking good.

Long hair with split ends just looks bad. The hair looks to dry and unhealthy.

I have very long hair so I get my cut and colored every 4-weeks.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'd trim my hair if it needed it! I always kept the ends curled and beautiful. But this year Chemo took it all away! I miss it so bad. Saturday 5 year old Michael was all upset my hair fell out. He was so concerned, sad, empathetic etc.. But he got me crying. That was so hard to explain it to him. Then he told papa when he got confused pineapple made my hair fall out! That made me laugh during my tears!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I trim my split ends every 3 months. Yeah long time I know. I should do it every 3 weeks.

Getting the trimmed will help.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• He is right!  Trimming the ends regularly keeps the hair healthy which encourages it to grow faster.

I have mine cut every 6 - 8 weeks. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• typically you should get your hair cut every 4-5 weeks.
    Split ends can split up the hair causing more damage. More damage can cause breakage... unless you want a hair cut due to lack of care of your hair(or for a more mullet like style), then yes get it trimmed.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• will it make it grow faster? Technically no, but it WILL stop breakage, and breakage in itself is an very unwanted haircut that can be avoided..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• every 4 weeks. I get about an 8th of inch taken off.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010