Do you wash your dishes multiple times a day (without a dishwasher)?

in order to keep a clean kitchen do you wash your dishes more than once to keep the sink empty? im not that much of a neat freak, i usually wait until the sink is mostly full before i wash, which is every other day, but it irks my mom to death and if she comes over she HAS to wash them even if there is only 5 in the sink. i dont really see the point to it but she makes me feel like the whole house is dirty bc of a few dishes lol

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol, thats the way my stepmom is. Usually I like to have the dishes done, just because I'd rather do a few, than stand for awhile and do alot.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I hand wash(our dishwasher is busted) dishes once a day.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• When I didn't have a dishwasher, I washed after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Otherwise, no I can let dirty dishes sit in a sink.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'll let some sit, soaking but usually don't like dishes in there.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i rinse every dish and put it in the dish washer right away and usually run the washer at the end of the day if its loaded..sometimes its every other day
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Before I had a dishwasher, I would make sure all the dirty dishes were rinsed and stacked in the sink. Then I would wash them all at one time - at night - after DS went to bed. Now I have a dishwasher and we like to make sure that the dishes get in there as we go through the day.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We have a dishwasher and when it's hubby's day to do the kitchen the dishes sit ALL DAY .. it drives me nuts when they get so high I can't get water but it's the way he does things he just loads it all up after dinner.

Me I do the dishes after each meal, anything that is put in between meals just sits till after the next meal. I don't mind dishes in the sink as long as I can still get water from the sink without having to move stuff to put my bottle sideways or something.
    Michele975

Answer by Michele975 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, I do dishes about 3x a day. Sometimes we dont have enough dishes to not do them that many times. Plus it just makes the whole kitchen look better.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, I hate not having a dishwasher, but it's not the end of the world!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010