What do you do...

When you get to the point that you've lost just about all will in your relationship? I am pregnant with my 2nd child (1st one is not his) and we both are so exhausted with the fighting and clashes in wants/needs. I don't want to lose him, but the relationship is almost toxic (not abusive, just very mentally straining). We have different views of how things should be handled. I am pretty liberal and he is pretty conservative.

What can I do to reverse this pattern and fix my relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you tried marriage counseling? My hubby and I went because we were having issues and just could not agree. Its good to have a mediator. Someone who is on neither side. It helped us so much! It helped us agree to disagree on things we couldn't agree on.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We've had days like that, when my son drives me so crazy, and I get aggravated and take it out on him. Maybe you guys should take a weekend, and spend in a hotel, or go soemwhere just the two of you. It always helps us, to have a little get away every once in awhile. it gives me a little time to relax from the terrible two's too. lol GL, I hope you can work everythign out!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Me personally, I had to get to the point that not everything is worth fighting about.And my husband has done the same.we both accept that there are things that we will never agree on.So we agree to disagree.but it took umteen years of marriage to get to this point.You being pregnant doesn't help either, and your husband should be kinder and gentler to you.Stress is not good for his baby that is in you.I guess just try not to fuss over things that don't really matter.If he is mad and wants to go at it,Walk away.and tell him when he is not yelling at you, you would love to talk to him.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Seriously, I know exactly how you feel. I'm so tired of the fight, even to compromise....my hubby is very strong willed, and I grew up really "weak" willed for a lack of a better term to describe it. I almost feel like i've lost my rights, myself, my choices. I'm tired!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'm through the same thing,thank ladies for the advice.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was just there. 1 year ago. It'd gotten to the point where we didnt even bother to argue anymore. 2 seperate worlds coexsisting under the same roof. One day he was home and we sat down and talked. And talked and talked and talked. We realized that although we seemed to want different things, we really wanted to the same thing. He went to couseling. Helped a little, not too much because he didnt want to talk to a "stranger" about his problems. LOL so we found alternatives.

I would suggest you 2 seek couseling. Try every avenue, before calling it quits. Good luck
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2010