I need as many questions for my appt's

I am interviewing daycare providers this week, I have 2 appts. I have a list of questions but don't want to forget anything.. can you give me all the suggestions you can ??? thank you!!

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ask what the daily routine is, how long has she been doing this, ask for references(and then call them), ask how she handles naughty behavior ( time outs, naughty chair, stand in corner..), ask if she has backup/help (if she is sick or has an emergency), what does she do about meals/snacks (is it healthy or junk food), does she have a fenced in yard and do the kids get to play outside
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Are you interviewing a daycare center or a home daycare provider?
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you do forget anything you can always call them and ask them.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Its an in home daycare - he's already at a Center and not doing well for the past 1-1/2..
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you have problems where you are at now, then I think a big question is how will this situation be different?   With in-home I would also ask about what happens when the provider is sick or has appointments, how frequently that usually happens, and how much notice she will give you when she will be unavailable. With in-home I'd also want to know about any other people besides the provider and other children that might be in the home. I think most other questions would be the same as with a center.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would ask how long she's been doing this. Are any of her own kids there as well. Ask if you can call some other parents that she sits for. How old are the other kids? How long have they been there?
    When I interviewed my sitter I learned that all of her kids are younger siblings of children she had sat for in years past. That kind of repeat business spoke volumes to me.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010