How to cope with lower quality of life

I have health problems and get tired of dealing with them. How do you keep yourself in good spirits when you are tired, hurting, etc.

Anna92464

Asked by Anna92464 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• Make sure you are on top of the things you CAN control:

Eat well and excersize as much as possible.
    Join a support group for people with your condition.
    Make sure you are getting proper medical care. (ALWAYS get a 2nd opinion.)
    Surround yourself with life: plants, pets, kids, laughter will bring joy to your life
    Do not skip social events if you can avoid it. Even if you just stop by your spirits will be raised by having done so.
    Sunlight is IMPORTANT. Go outside for a bit everyday.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• find someone that is worse shape than you, and try to help them.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• have you tried alternative therapies for your health?
    chiropractic, homeopathic, acupuncture?
    sometimes you can regain better health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Its hard to keep up being happy or even content sometimes isn't it? I know, I have diabetes and while that may/may not be the same it give me a little insight. Just let yourself be bummed every once-in-a-while and talk it out with someone who cares about you. Let them reassure you that its going to be ok, even if its not. The last thing you want to do is give up hope. I can't really give you a pep talk but I hope this mini one helps.

If you force that smile every morning, it might be real by the end of the night.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You need to take control of your life.  You do not say what kind of health issues you have so I don't know whether they can be cured or not, but like the PP said, there are alternative therapies.  Some may work and some may not, but you won't know until you try. 

I always thought chiropractors were quacks until after about 3 years of chronic and debilitating back pain which my doctor could find no reason for, I finally went to a chiropractor in desperation.  He diagnosed my problem and after a year of regular treatments, I am now pain free.  Needless to say, I have continued with my monthly appointments.  I luv my chiropractor lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Cont...

If your problems have not been diagnosed then you need to work with your doctor find the problem.  I had an issue that I put up with for years.  I finally discussed it with my doctor, she referred me to a specialist and after a couple of tests, my problem was diagnosed.  All it took was a simple change to my diet and my quality of life returned.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2010