How do you get motivated??

When you are in a slump as far as motivation, how do you get back to a point where you are doing the things you need to do?

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 11:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We write down family goals and check them twice a year. It keeps everyone motivated since we can check things off as "accomplished". Some goals are big and take a while to achieve and others are more predictable "complete 3rd grade". Even the kids seem to like doing this now.

And for your slump... make a daily to-do list of even the most are basic things. Make a list like this:
    Empty the dishwasher
    Do a load of laundry
    Register for college class
    Set DVR to record my fav show
    Make a dentist appointment

The list itself provides some direction, and checking things off the list gives you a sense of accomplishment that is motivating.

Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Take a day off...lol Seriously, by the end of the day i've at least vacummed and picked up...if that's all I do.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Remember WHY you do things, not just for others either but why you do it for yourself. Its not a strong motivator in some cases but it'll get the job done.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• depends on what it is- but most of the time I just make myself do it. Loud, energetic music helps me too.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2010