Is this wrong??

I can't name names but I know a woman who has done this.. She got pg w another man's baby while married. She got back w/her husband~told him the baby was most likely not his. When the baby was born he signed the birth certificate before a DNA test was done. They had a DNA test and some place along the way were divorced (after years of staying married). The baby was NOT his. The man is paying bookoo bucks in child support now and says that he should not be since he is not the bio dad. What is your oppnion??????

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 11:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He knew it probably wasn't his and signed the birth certificate anyways. Sucks for him but he should have thought about it in the beginning.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 11:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My opinion, is that a DNA test should be required before signing the birth certificate OR.... the men should think about that and do one themselves....then again that could cause problems if the woman was honest.

in this particular case... the mom is a b*tch and she is a gold digger
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• TECHNICIALLY and LEGALLY speaking, he is probably right, he shouldn't be paying child support for a child that isn't his. But in some states the fact that he signed the birth certificate (and that they were married) he would have assumed all legal rights (and responsibilities) for the child...
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It sucks, but in some states, if a couple is married, it doesn't matter who the dad really is. The man married to the woman is automatically responsible.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Everything about this is wrong. It would be hard to assign blame for the most wrong.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Here's my thing. Whether or not the kid is biologically his or not, he took responsibility for it and raised it as his own. This is his child, regardless of blood... And you don't divorce a child! He SHOULD still do his part to care for that child. HOWEVER, I think it was sneaky of the woman to pull a trick like that... My mother did something very similar when she was pregnant with me, I honestly don't think I will ever forgive her... Laws were different back then and her husband (who left when I was 14mos) just walked out of our lives and my real father tried to fight for visitation & rights and was told no... This man should be thankful he has a child in his life and the woman should find the real father and inform him as well... Then she should get in to therapy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• He signed it knowingly so he accepted legal responsibility. It's his child no matter what and he needs to buck up. If he wanted to ditch her, he could and should have refused and demanded paternity testing then, which would have him off the hook. Stupidity isn't a viable legal argument, btw.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Should not have signed the bc if he thought it wasnt his...
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• A friend of mine had the same situation. He had broken up with his GF, then she turned up pregnant and swore it was his. He paid child support for years, but always wondered. Finally, got DNA testing, the kid wasn't his. He still sees the boy (a teenager now), and gives him money, but no longer pays child support to his ex.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010