Food stamps??

My husband is in the military and I was wondering if we would be able to get food stamps. He is an E3 and we have one child. I dont work because we only have one car and my son is 13 months. Has anyone been on foodstamps or know anyone who has been.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Most likely she doesn't work because everything she would bring in would go right back out for daycare. As far as food stamps go, it bothers me to no end that our military members make so little that they need assistance. My hubby was in the Navy and I knew of many enlisted families that were barely making ends meet and did in fact get assistance. You of all people should take full advantage of all the assistance that you can get! Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I took them years ago when I was in a bad spot.but I improved my situation and didn't need them after that.I guess it all depends on your states payscale for it.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You can google the food stamps limit for your state.

Answer by missanc at 11:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• why cant you work?

we have one car and i still work?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• do what you need to do girl. if you need them, then get them. dont let anyone make you feel bad. good luck.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• well we cant afford day care and with only one car i wouldnt be able to get back and forth to work. His schedule is always changing and his job comes first.
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 11:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You just apply and hope for the best.I. must say that its a shame when you have people putting their life on the line and the military don't pay enough money for their family live comfortable. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I work and we have 1 car and my son is 14 months
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• For those of you who understand, thank you. The military doesnt get paid near enough for what they had to do. And also by the time I paid for gas and daycare I wouldnt be making any money
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 11:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• here is the pay scale. you can find out if you qualify by checking the chart.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2010