What do you recommend?

For potty training, they have the little potty chairs, or the seats that go onto the toilet seats. My son just turned two on June 6th. Everyone keeps telling me he's ready to be potty trained cause he tells me when he has to go, and he'll start to take his diaper off and go for the bathroom. I've sat him on the toilet before, when he said he had to pee. But he was scared he was going to fall in. When you we're potty training your kid(s) what did you use? Or do you have any helpful advice about potty training? Thanks in advance

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you dont already have a potty chair, take him to the store and let him pick out the one he likes... They are kinda gross, but they work the best .. and you really only need to use it for a month or so. Also, get a stool so he can get up on the big toilet by himself. One of my boys fought training until I let him stand up, like his daddy and big brothers :)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I put the little plastic chair in the living room,so he had easy access to it.My husband hated it.Oh well.then when he was ready, we moved it into the bathroom.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If his only reason for not liking the big toilet is fear of falling in, I say go for just the seat you put on top.
    The potty chairs are gross IMHO I hate ours and can't wait until DD likes the big toilet.
    if you have a kid like mine who hates everything about the big toilet - falling in, flushing, etc. I would say get the potty chair.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I like the seat for up top better, because the potty chairs just don't seem big enough...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Hey, thanks for the help. I actually found a chair that could be put on top of the toilet seat, as well as be a potty chair, and a stool. So it was awesome. Thanks for the advice though :)
    Jessica1991

Comment by Jessica1991 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010