Do yall think its safe to paint while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, just keep the windows open and the room well ventilated.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It is, make sure you have plenty of ventilation and try not to get on a ladder. I think falling would be my biggest concern.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, as long as the room is well ventilated it is fine.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• NO its not!!! If you look on the paint cans all of them have warnings about birth defects. These are caused by breathing in the fumes. Protect your baby & make someone else do it for you.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No,the paint fumes have to be bad for you and the baby to breathe.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• They say not to. But I have always painted while pregnant (didn't know we needed a nursery until after the pregnancy test, husband working long hours and multiple jobs and not able to do it, not spending money on someone else doing something I could easily do myself). I just opened all the windows and set up about 2 fans in the room (and now they have these masks for people to wear while painting). Anyway, I never had a problem.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• As long as the room is well ventilated. With windows open, one fan blowing out the window and one in the doorway blowing into the room to create air flow. They also suggest wearing a mask. There are paints that are less toxic for pregnant women to use. Look into those and see what your options are. But as long as the room is well ventilated with good airflow then you should be fine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think so just as along as you are in a room is ventilated, you should be alright.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My OB said don't paint, not healthy for baby what you breath in. Have your hubby, friend or family member do it for you or use wall paper.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Regular latex paint was fine 10 years ago, but I was told not to do primer or that serious stuff for the garage floor and no stain or paint remover. Nowadays paint smells worse wet, but has almost no smell once it is dry. So I think the rules have changed. If it smells horrible get somebody else to do it. That is, afterall, why your sense of smell improves with pregnancy; to keep you away from stuff that might hurt your baby.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010