Would you keep driving and talking on your cell phone if you accidently hit a pedestrian while doing it?

Or would you allow your teenager to keep doing it if he or she hit a pedestrian? Particularly a little kid?

The reaso I ask is because i have seen so many people make excuses as to why they're on their cell phone while driving, even after something like this happens. My friends half-sister got hit by a car by a teenage cell phone user driver and the parents were making excuses for her.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 11:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My child would not only have her phone taken away, but she would also have her car taken away as well. In fact, she would have no life for a very long time!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• And to add, that is assuming she isn't already sitting in jail somewhere.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Heck No! I can't even focus on my driving if something is interrupting me. If my phone rings, or if I need to make a call, I pull over. It's way to distracting for me if I don't. If I hit someone, God Forbid, I would never drive again.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No and there are a lot of people out there that shouldn't do it to begin with since they lose all common sense the minute they get on the phone.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with Shanlaree. No excuse, no phone, no car, no social life. Then I'd get him a job cleaning graveyards or funeral homes so he could experience the impact his actions had on people.

Assuming he is not in jail.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no way
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• if my son ever did that.. i'll be taking his cell phone away.. AND car privileges.. he doesn't need to drive if he chose to talk on the phone.
    child hit a pedestrian while on the phone and you come up with an excuse??[for ppl who does that] sorry.. you have poor parenting skills to allow your kids to do such a thing
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't talk on the phone while driving, and I've never even hit a pedestrian. I am not delusional enough to tell myself that I can drive just as well while carrying on a conversation on my cell phone, so I don't do it. If I must talk while I am out, I pull into a parking lot til I'm finished.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• parents that make excuses make me sick!!

The phone would be never used again in a car!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I use my blackberries blue tooth ability. You can put the phone of speaker. I don't have wrecks because I am talking. If I did, I should have had a wreck when I was talking to people in the car, taking car of the children, or any other distracting things. It is popular to blame the cell phone instead of admitting you might be a bad driver.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010