WTF is WRONG w/ People? "Man Killed Son To Spite Wife, Prosecutors Say"

I think I'm going to go be sick Then I want to smother this asshat myself; maybe brng him to the brink a few times let him breathe and do it again just for SPITE!
___

FRANKLIN, Ind., June 28— A man who prosecutors say fathered a child just so he could kill him to exact revenge on his wife was charged today with murder.

The man, Ronald L. Shanabarger, told police officers that he had planned the crime to punish his wife, Amy, who before they married had refused to cut short a vacation to comfort him after his father had died, prosecutors said.

''Shanabarger said he planned to make Amy feel the way he did when his father died,'' prosecutors said in an affidavit filed to support the murder charge.

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Last Tuesday, just hours after the funeral of their son, Tyler, Mr. Shanabarger confessed to his wife that he smothered their son in his crib the night before Father's Day, investigators said. A coroner had ruled that the infant, who was 7 months old, died from sudden infant death syndrome.
    The next day, Mr. Shanabarger, 30, told police officers that he had suffocated Tyler with plastic wrap and that he dreamed up the crime after his father's death in 1996, prosecutors said. The prosecutors' affidavit said Mr. Shanabarger's plan included marrying Amy and getting her pregnant. He then ''allowed time for her to bond with the child, and then took his life,'' the affidavit said.
    The authorities said Mr. Shanabarger begged officers in this town about 20 miles southeast of Indianapolis to shoot him after he confessed Wednesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/29/us/man-killed-son-to-spite-wife-prosecutors-say.html
    beachmamaof2

Comment by beachmamaof2 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• OMG! The man is crazy, didn't she (the wife) notice that? He had to plan this a year in advance, and then kill his own child!

Creepy, weird, wrong......

Death penalty sounds pretty good. Minimum of life in prison.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Shit, just read the rest. He has planned this for 14 YEARS?!!!!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't think he should get death..he clearly wants that...he should rot in a cell.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• So they were married at 15/16? Strange...

WHY did he wait 14 yrs? Damn; you'd think he'd have cooled down by then! Nope don't shoot him and don't give him the needle; give his "wife" some plastic wrap and let her at him...
    beachmamaof2

Comment by beachmamaof2 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• What a sick disgusting fucking bastard!!! What a waste of a fucking life!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Can you imagine what his wife must be feeling? Knowing the man you slept with for 16 years purposely killed your child to get back at you?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

Yeah a cell with a guy who's willing to ass rape him.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• That is probably the weirdest, sickest thing I have ever heard. Seriously, he held a grudge for that many years? Why even marry her, if he felt that way to begin with? He could have cut the vacation short himself and said 'to hell with her'. To still go on and marry her and wait all these years........
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I can't imagine chasing someone, courting them, marrying them, and sleeping with them, creating a child with them--all in order to kill the child for revenge? How sick and twisted of a little man he is. Put him in jail and throw away the key. That poor woman, I can't imagine. That poor baby.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 11:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2010