I feel so guilty.....

The other day my husband and I were shopping with our 3 yr old and 11 week old. I was having a hard time getting my son to sit down in the baskett cause he wanted to get down and run around. He lost that privalage cause he kept running off but then this lady comes up out of nowhere andtells him to listen to me and to sit down and he told her no. I noticed her tone began to change and she told him to sit down again and he still refused. My son can be hard headed just like everyones kid so then she looked at his sister in her carrier and said oh I bet shes smart, your not smart and you will never be as smart as her. And then she walked away quickly. My husband came back just in time to catch the last part and we just looked at eachother in shock! I feel guilty because I did not tell her that was not called for or not to ever talk to my child like that again. I cried in the store and told my son not to listen to her and that

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• knowing me and my anger, I would have punched her!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• what a BITCH.....

i would have told her to shut her damn mouth and mind her own business.

seriously i hate people like that. makes me want to slap them.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• he is very smart.He just looked at me and said ok and I told him I love him. I guess this really isnt a question i just wanted to share.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oh no that is not right! You shouldnt feel guilty though, you were in shock and could react as quickly as she was walking away. I hate it when people try to parent other peoples kids, she should have minded her own buisness.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would have ended up smacking that woman across the face...but, you're better for not doing something like that in front of your child. WHAT is wrong with people? Who did she think she was?! I can't even believe that. She's obviously a very mean, unhappy person!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Sounds like you had a run-in with one crazy a$$ b**ch! Don't feel bad that you didn't say anything, pretty sure I would have just stood there in shock myself. Although, my husband on the other hand would probably be sitting in jail right now, he has anger issues at times. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• the nerve of some people,. I mean really... my goodness....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Wow. Can't believe a stranger would come up and talk to your kid like that.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I really felt like shes probably one of those women you see on the news that were caught beating an innocent child. You could just tell she was full of hatred. I just wish my body would have reacted quicker.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would've said that was rude and un called for and to just leave. You did the right thing to tell your son not to listen I would said not to listen to that bad lady. That was not right. Each child and person is different. She was upset and embarrassed that she couldn't help she shouldn't have turned and made that remark. She's lucky I wasn't there.
    Princess7777

Answer by Princess7777 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2010