• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my son to stop getting on the table and hanging from the chandelier?

I have tried everything but the little fart keeps doing it. Oh he is 2yo.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lmao are you serious!? that sounds dangerous. no idea though but good luck!!
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 3:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• consistant discipline and consequences
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would move the chairs so he can't get up there.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• LOL...I am WAITING for my 16 month old to start doing that because for the past two weeks she has been climbing up on the table and sitting there,or standing there or getting into other stuff on the table and we have a hanging light just above the table that is within her reach...I just know I'm going to find her hanging from it or swinging on it soon,lol. I can't even keep her from getting on the table..so when you figure that out,let me know!!! I consistantly take her down and tell her no,I move the chairs away from teh table..she pushes them back..she's a determined little squirt,lol.Good Luck! Don't let him watch Pippi Long Stockings!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If the light hangs on a chain, you can shorten the chain temporarily to get it out of his reach. I'd also move the chairs out. However, most importantly, there needs to be consequences for doing it. Timeout, taking a toy(s) away, time in his room, whatever you normally use. It needs to be consistent to get it to stop.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2010