More support needed now, thoughts?

Senate Veterans' Affairs committee says more should be done to help vets now, not ten years from now.

My only thought is: What took them so long!

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 11:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.military.com/veterans-report/va-committee-urges-more-tbi-support

There's a link in the article that takes you to the actual letter.

BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Agreed. While there are MANY well meaning and dedicated individuals working hard to support our veterans, the system as a whole is not equipped to give the level of support our veterans require and deserve.

BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 11:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Then why, when my son calls to get his GI benefits or go see a doctor, he is put on hold, transferred from here to there until he gets frustrated and hangs up, or actually goes to his appointment just to find out no one knows he is coming? He is getting ready to call our Congressman to help out. It is getting ridiculous. Actually help. Don't just talk about it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Somehow, I am not at all surprised. That is one area that I believe should be our #1 priority after national security, and keeping our borders safe. Keep us safe, and take care of our vets who are the ones who make sure that we are safe. They give freely for US, and WE should return the favor to them. Most of what I've heard about the VA is appalling and shameful! Our government seems to be more concerned with keeping people happy on PA than taking care of our vets, who would willingly give their lives so that those on PA can continue their "productive" lifestyle.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oh right, they wait till we are in sh*t so deep we may never get out and say we have to do it NOW. Really, the intelect overwhelms me
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Steph I thought the same thing. "We're insisting on it now just to save face since it's an election year, but we really have no intention, or funding, to follow through!"
    BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree completely! My husband is a veteran, but not a wartime vet. I'd bump you if I had any bumps left!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010