Are your kids afraid of fireworks?

Does it make it hard for you to do anything for the fourth?

Mine's afraid of them, understandably. They're noisy and loud. So we don't usually get too close to a fireworks display, we watch from a distance, but she hates the loud banging.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 11:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• Not even. The louder the better. When my middle son, now 23, was about 11 months old, we went to Wilmington, NC for the 50th aniversary of the Victory Over Japan. We all gathered down by the Cape Fear River near the USS North Carolina and they shot fireworks. Actually, they shot 25,000 fireworks in 20 minutes. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. My 11 month old slept through it. He woke up when we closed the car door. Go figure.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• actually no - i was surprised! We saw fireworks last saturday and they really enjoyed them! (2, 2, 3 & 13)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 11:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• my grandson is afraid (to loud) so what we have done is spend the day at the park and than a night we drive away where you can still see them but where they are not loud. Works out great !
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• When my daughter was 3 she was petrified. She wouldn't look and covered her ears the whole time. The next year she was fine. My boys always loved them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My daughter is 3 and she has been afraid of them from the beginning. She runs, hides and shakes all over. We do not buy them and I pray my neighbors will not either this year. It makes for a long, long night.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• nope
    johnny4ever

Answer by johnny4ever at 1:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2010