Won't keep his diaper on at night!

My 23 month old will not keep his clothes and diaper on for anything at night. I've tried putting the diaper on backwards, doubling the diaper on backwards, duct tape, gorilla tape, onesies, sleepers, sleepers on backwards - he still takes EVERYTHING off! And then most nights he pees all over the place. I'm to the point where I'm thinking I should just let him be and hope he realizes it's not comfortable to sleep in pee but I have a problem with knowingly letting my child lay in his own urine all night. Anybody have any other ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used zip up footie sleepers, put on backwards with a lose band of ducktape under the arms but pretty high with the ends of the tape in the back (don't worry it was lose, I could grab it like a handle) They could only unzip it about 2-3 inches plus there wasn't enough room to pull their arms out because of the tape.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Might be time to try and potty train, I have heard some mothers teaching their kids as early as 18 months, but I know the night time potty training is a challenge on its own. With that in mind though, maybe try a reward system, or to put it more bluntly, bribe him to keep it on! When I was teaching my first born to use the potty, I promised her a popsicle everytime she would go use it (one of the cheap ones that you can buy 100 in a box. They have sugarfree ones too). If your son is not ready to use the potty just yet, reward him with something he'll like if he at least keeps the diaper on until he is.
    Kattxbrat

Answer by Kattxbrat at 11:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would go w/ DarkFaery131 said the zip up footie sleepers come to work great also let him go to sleep naked once hes naked puy yhe diaper on.
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 11:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My son is potty training. Pees great and is getting the pooping thing. But he does the same thing. Goes naked. He even takes the pull up offf. We are going to start putting his crib to the toddler bed setting when my husband has a 3 week break from military training here soon. Hoping he gets up and goes potty. Another girl said she has the little potty in her daughters bedroom. Not sure if that will work, since my son used the normal toilet from the beginning. But he obviously doesn't like to be wet. Some nights we change our sons bedding twice now. Lay towels around the bed too to keep from cleaning the carpet or having it ruined. I mean, it's too hot to have him in footed pajamas when it's like 80 degree in the upstairs of our house.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• gl!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 12:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2010