Could he be cheating on me?

About 2 months ago, I surprised my SO at work (and brought him his medicine which he forgot) when he saw me, he was looking around like he was doing something wrong. He kissed me on the cheek and gave my DD a hug, but was not happy to see us. Well, I let it go and just decided I wouldn't go to his work anymore. Last week I took my SO's truck to work. He didn't know I was taking it, we kind of just switch cars every once in awhile, without asking eachother. No big deal, but the front seat was cleared off and there were someones sweaty arm marks on the passenger side window. I asked him and he said he gave someone a ride home from work (he gets home at 11 pm sometimes because he closes) Well today, there is an envelope on the table, its empty and it has his name written on it and its definitely a girls hand writing. I'm just not sure what to think, we haven't been doing so good lately. Am I over thinking this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you might be over thinking it. There are perfectly logical and believable explanations for everything you've described. I'm a big believer in "anythings possible" but there are also major red flags that usually appear when a man is cheating and the things you've listed aren't them!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Well, the thing is...she shows up at his work and he's not happy to see her and looking around like he did something wrong. Women know there men, kids, siblings etc...you can tell when someone you love is acting odd, nervous, or just not themselves. He could have told you that he was giving someone a ride home that night or the next day. It's not a big deal but omitting things can sometimes be little warning signs or even be considered red flags. Also, a paper with his name on it....why didn't you ask him about it? Maybe there is a good explanation for it and I'm sure you can tell if he's lying right? If you two are not doing to good then maybe it's time to sit down and talk . Good luck.
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Ask him..
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You could be overthinking, but if you are seeing things that you are not comfortable with and are making you feel suspicious, there could be something to it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would say over thinking, but I wouldn't know what to think either. If he didn't seem happy to see you at work sometimes you could've surprised him some men don't like to be surprised no matter what. I'm about the same way. I think about things sometimes and he tells me I over think things. I've talked to him about and hope he'll be honest with me with everything. Just ask him and show your concerns to him.
    Princess7777

Answer by Princess7777 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• she could be over reacting, but she could not be. I don't think it would hurt for you to do some further investigating. Play detective if you can. I know that when i show up at DH's work, he is VERY proud to show us around to his co-workers. I would be very weirded out if he reacted the way your DH did. Yeah.....i would play detective big time.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oprah once said if you suspect...you are most likely right. I would wait until he had enough rope to hang himslef. If you ask him...well what man won't lie.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Well you know we here at CM can't know for sure, but it sounds as if you are over thinking things. A sweaty arm print and an envelope? I would need something more than that for me to accuse my husband of cheating. However, we also know that men can be sneaky, deceitful, and devious. If I were you I would not jump to any conclusions or accuse him of anything, but keep your eyes and ears open, just see how things go. If he gives you other reasons to be concerned, then you might want to have that talk with him.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010