What's the most common home base business?

I want to start a home base business, but I'm not how to start it and what type of business that will make you a steady income.

bettyboo2girl

Asked by bettyboo2girl at 11:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure what the most common is, but I have my own home based business and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 15 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• there are many.. i do la bella baskets. i mean everyone buys gifts. i love it ..plus i have a 9-5 online too that is great..
    www.mylabellabaskets.com/life.html
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 12:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• There are many different businesses. Look for something that you would be interested in. I am an independent rep with Scent Sations. We sell all natural products from candles to mineral make up. If this is something you are interested in take a look at my website www.HomeAtMiaBella.com

Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The most common are direct selling companies, like the PP's are talking about (and hundreds of others), selling on ebay and child care in your home.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You don't want the most common, which I could easily tell you the top 3, b/c there are SO MANY OF THEM...You want to find one that has something that people NEED...In a recession a lot of people are suffering and I can tell you personally I have friends in everything from Avon, to Pampered chef, to Melaleuca, Amway, Candles of all different companies, Tastefully simple, and goodness soo many more....Wanna know what they all have been telling me since X-mas Business is down. Its not that people dont like their stuff, its a WHAT DO THEY NEED factor, and what can they handle.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Girl, there are tons of ways to make money from home. They don't all have to be sitting at home on the internet either. The most money I have made "working home based" is from eBay. eBay is particularly easy because you can start out by selling anything in your home you do not need anymore. Listing is so easy as well. After you sign up, be sure to register for Paypal, get yourself a camera, take a picture of your item, think of a good description for it and list. Viola! You are in business. I started making money the very first day I did it. I still sell items I find at garage sales, thrift stores, etc.

Other than eBay, I would say child care or housecleaning.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Happy to help with any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 5:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Common is not what you want, Mark Key Avon Ameriplan Melaleuca etc... justask around so many people have moved around fromt hem. there is a reason.

You dont want something over saturated. go to homecareersuccess.com for some great ideas.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• What you have to ask yourself is what do you enjoy doing? How much time are you willing to put into the behind the scenes work? You shouldn't dismiss a company because it looks saturated because most of the people involved aren't going to do much with it. Very few people actually get down to business and strive to reach their goals.

I'm with Ameriplan because it keeps me home with my son and my passion for helping people is met by helping someone who can't go to the dentist or eye doctor because their insurance doesn't cover it. Everybody needs health care and it needs to be affordable. The big problem is that many people who join, go about marketing themselves all wrong, even I did and I'll admit it. When people go about it wrong, the reputation of the company is compromised, and often times we lose out on helping someone who truly needs it because of someone else's mistake.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 9:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010