Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

A Child Support Question

I have been receiving child support payments for almost a year now and in the beginning, the payments were $60 for two kids. Then the state took him back to court and demanded $100. That was the last I had heard anything from the state. TOday, I received a payment of $1.57 to my account. I called the CS office and they told me he's ordered to pay $400/mo. This was news to me! I live in another state as the father so I go through my state and they in turn go through the state he lives in. Any time I've called, I get minimal information concerning the case. It seems my state is in the dark but the other state cannot give me any info because they are acting in place of my state. (Make sense?) Anyway, my question is: does anyone else have this problem with child support? I just want to know if he's in any arrears, what his job status is, etc.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (1)
  • You should be able to get that info from your Attorney General. Call and request that information. Hound them until they give it to you.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.