Anyone else think we are having baby boom 2008

I just could not believe the number of people who I know personally or even just pass at walmart that are pregnant or have already given birth this year....just seems like a baby boom to me. Of course I am a baby boomers child...maybe that has something to do with it. I am preg with my 2nd

Asked by Anubis8733 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It was actually reported that 2007 and 2008 were baby boom years. Baby births were up like 12% over the last 5 years. So yeah, we are in a baby boom...its not like the one before though. Before the baby boom was people having 6 or 7 kids. We are in a society of mainly 2-3 kid homes but there are more of us to have those kids.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Yup! Baby boom is right. When I was pregnant I had 4 close girl friends that were also due very close to me..then found out 3 more are when I was in my last trimester. Crazy to see all the pregos while shopping or all the little ones in car seats like myself.

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I'm pregnant now and I've two close friends who are pregnant too! I swear, I think the government is putting fertility drugs in our food or something.

Answer by LokisMama at 10:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• There seem to be ALLOT of people preggo here in SC.

Answer by vbruno at 10:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I am with you! It is the year of the preggos! At my place of work we have about 20 women employees and eight of us are currently pregnant, three others have had babies within the past six months. A baby boom is right!

Answer by girlneffy at 3:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Well absolutely agree with the thought that it's a baby boom. I just had my daughter 2 months ago. And three of my friends had their babies around the time I did, and there are still 7 other people I know that are having babies this year..well that I can think of off the top of my head..I'm pretty sure if I took time to think about it I could think of more..

Answer by Serenity417 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Yes I do think so. Me and my sister are pregnant in the same year. Also one of my sisters friends had a baby the same day she did. I also have a friend due the same month I am and one friend who just tested positive.

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2008