Who else agrees?

Just because you didn't follow certain guidelines that are now recommended with your babies and while pregnant and your baby "turned out just fine"....Doesn't mean the guidelines are crap and that something might not have gone wrong because you didn't follow these guidelines. And just because some of prefer to follow them and not temp fate doesn't make us stupid rule followers. We just prefer to err on the side of caution.
EX: putting baby to sleep on it's back, co-sleeping, breast feeding, ERF, not eating certain things while pregnant, no foods before 6 months....

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 12:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think the "guidelines" are crap. I think they are for some people and not others.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'd say I'd agree with this. :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• everyone is different. to each their own. the doctors do tell you that stuff for a reason though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• if this is going off of my question, i didnt say it was crap.

This girl is just taking them SOOO SERIOUSLY she even said she doesnt feel like she is enjoying her pregnancy...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The find new stuff out as people do more and more research to help us keep our kids safe, it is up to us as parents to decide what we will do and not do.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 12:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Just because nothing did in a particular case doesn't mean nothing could have happened. And I'm sure if there's a "rule" about it, studies were done that found that particular action to have a particular possible effect which is more desirable to avoid.

Not every kid who ingests lead paint gets lead poisoning. Not every kid who rides in a car without a carseat is involved in a deadly crash. But it happens, and it's simple to keep it from happening.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with you. I didn't follow some of them, I just disagreed with them. But, I have no ill thoughts for anyone who did. I would hardly call anyone stupid. I think we all just do what we personally feel is best for our kids and our family.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• @momandbabygirl009: It isn't based on your question, but, on a few of the responses. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• ok :) lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Well, it certainly doesn't mean the guidelines are crap, but it doesn't mean I was a terrible parent for not following them either. I have always gone with what my instincts tell me as far as parenting. To be quite honest, if more people just used common sense, there would be no need for some of these "guidelines". I can tell you that guidelines change so often though that no one can really keep up with them. Things were far different when my oldest was a baby than when my youngest was born, and they are only 8 years apart. And I don't think they'll ever make up their minds about what position a baby should sleep in, that seem to change the most.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2010