Does anyone find themselves becoming depressed when they have to leave for a job that they don't like? What's your plan to get out of your funk??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• I stop at the gas station convienence store and grab a huge cup of joe. I put lots of french vanilla in it,,,yum, that gets me going in the am to face the day
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Sometimes you have to reach deep down inside and pull yourself up and just do it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I feel this way every day... I work an awful job. I do think its causing depression and anxiety in me. It has been affecting my relationship and my SO is ready to walk out on me.

I'm an office manager at an HVAC company. My boss is a complete jerk. He is always putting me down and getting on me about the stupidist things. The only reason I stay is because I'm paid about $6 more an hour then you normally get in this position and I am the primary bread winner so I can't afford to quit.

I haven't found a way to get out of the funk yet... it seems to just get worse.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 12:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I love my job, but some of the people I work with make it difficult. So on a day that i know is going to be rough I pop my head phones in and listen to my favorite music on the way to work, grab my morning coffee, go into my office shut the door spritz some lavender room spray and open the door about 10 minutes later.
    When Im already there and it turns bad, I put music on in the office or go to youtube and play a couple Jeff Dunham videos (my boss' idea lol) I always laugh so hard I tend to forget what happened. I also have a couple of the guys here that are really easy going and will sit on the patio with to have a good talk before re-tackling something that was bugging me.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 12:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I thank my lucky stars that I HAVE a job that pays the bills and puts a roof over my head during this time when so many do not. That gets me headed in the right direction.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 12:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I wanted to add something to my answer, cause I really didnt answer it. I think a lot of us that work feel this way. My job load was added to twice in the last year. They are ready to add to all our work loads again. I have been off from work for a week so I have had some downtime. But, I still gotta go back next week. Its just a job. Its not your whole life, or what makes you who you are. Yes, I clock in at my job and it starts with my supervisor, every single am. She walks around barking orders about how we cant use overtime, how the computer says we should have downtime and can help somewhere else in the office. Its this way, every single day now. We arent allowed to talk, to step away from our work station, except for our break. The atmosphere sucks, but I just sip my coffee and try not to take it personnaly, oh yeah and I try to stay out of the way of my boss. Fight the good fight hon,,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Believe it or not, I loved going to work for the last 14 years in this business. Just recently they eliminated my position. It was almost like a slap in the face considering the ones that are still in the office, I trained. I'm the only one with a family I am trying to raise, I went from working monday - friday 6-3 to working all nights and weekends. My husband has been extremely supportive and working harder to get me out, but right now I am the one carring the medical insurance. It's the having to start work at 1pm that is making it harder to get to work and leave the family I have been spending all morning and afternoon with. I'm greatful that I am still employed in this market, but people that make what I do?, they will find a way to get rid of me in no time and find 2 people to take my place.....that is what I am stressing over.....
    MrsMine

Answer by MrsMine at 12:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• With the economy the way it is right now, I would be happy to have a Job! Whether I liked it or not. I have been unemployed since Oct 2009 and still have yet to find a job. It's either I'm not qualified enough or I'm over qualified. Then I find out today that when my unemployment runs out in Aug, I might not be able to file an extension because there is no more money. It wouldn't bother me as much if it was just me. But I have 2 young boys that I have to take care of and get no kind of help from their dad, due to the fact that he is in jail (even when he was out I didn't get any kind of child support). I ENVY those with jobs and just be glad that you have one. I just don't see where they say that there are jobs out there and the economy is getting better.
    mom2zachandalex

Answer by mom2zachandalex at 2:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you need help with your job search, send me a message offlist...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010