What's best to use for grease stains?

My DH works on an assembly line and his clothes get so greasy. I've tried everything to get the stains out. Oxyclean, shout, spray n wash, etc. Any other suggestions?

August07Mom

Asked by August07Mom at 12:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Buy him new clothes? LOL - hey it's me what did ya expect :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 12:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I started making my own laundry detergent, and besides saving a TON of money, it seems to get the greasy stains out better than anything else....try googling it and see how easy it is!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Dish soap cuts grease well. I find myself doing the good old fashioned knuckle rub with dish soap on grease stains before putting the clothes in the washing machine. They almost always come out stain free. :)
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 12:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• coveralls! :0) lol. Really I have scrubbed the stains with dishwasher granules mixed with water with a tooth brush before. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't it depends on how long it has been in there. plus if it has already been dried in the dryer it has basically been 'baked' in at that point.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Dawn Dish Detergent It s a De-greaser...and let it sit overnight after working it in to the fabric.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010