• In the Spotlight:

How often do you take your kids to the park?

xxMasonsMommaxx

Asked by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Once or twice a week, depending on the weather.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 12:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• not that often now that our backyard is all done. We have a swingset, sandbox, mud pit area, pool, waterfall, grassy area and other stuff...... it is like our very own park
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 12:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Twice or more a week. we have a park in walking distance from our apartment.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Unfortunately hardly ever. I work full time. In the evenings we play in the backyard. Weekends we run to hockey games/baseball games. I don't think I've been to a park since the fall.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We only to the park to go swimming. We are from Maine and this Virginia humid heat kills us. We chill inside and only go out in the summer to get wet. In the spring/fall we go to the park several times a week.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My hubby (who watches my son while I'm at work) takes him nearly every day I'm working. I take him maybe once or twice. He probably goes to the park 5 or so times a week. I wouldn't be able to handle the heat that much on my own, though.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 12:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• When my girls were little it was everyday. but now they are older and I have a young son and we have just one park in our town, there is never any kids there and he won't go if it is just me and him. He says the park is no fun if there isn't any kids to play with. He us right, so we don't go that much
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I can't even remember the last time we did that since we have a house with a backyard now. When we lived in an apartment we went every week or so.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My older 3 kids (7 1/2, 8 1/2 and 10) go to the park almost every day.  It's around the corner and they walk themselves.  My 4yo hardly ever goes.  The playground there really isn't that great for kids her size and it's falling apart.  I'm 37 weeks pregnant and can't lift her into the swings and I get bored sitting there. 

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010