My dd has a stomach virus...I am 8 weeks pregnant and...

I am wearing a mask all day to try and avoid this thing. Of course I am washing my hands like a mad woman too...

Do you think the mask will help me avoid the bug?

I know its dangerous to get a high temp early in pregnancy, but from what I understand...8 weeks +....you are on the safer side if you DO happen to get a fever...is that right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The mask should help. They use them as a preventative in hospitals. I always heard it was best to get through the first trimester without a high fever.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 12:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The mask should help. I hope your daughter feels better soon! There really isn't much else you can do to avoid it, just wash up and hope for the best.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 12:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It can't hurt, but you were most likely exposed during the incubation period (up to several days before she got sick). I am pregnant too and for some reason, I am not catching anything going around, even though I have been exposed several times through my son, husband, and the public. Hope she feels better soon!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• does dd have a fever too?
    the best you can do to avoid sickness is to be very healthy yourself. eat well, sleep well...just live well in general!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010