Do you grow your own veggies?

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yep I am growing severl kinds of tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, spaghetti squash, green peppers, jalpenos, broccoli, cauliflower, red onions and carrots this year...all organic
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• As much as we can! It's fun - the kids love to "help" in the garden!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 12:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I have a small garden, so I still have to buy most. But I grow tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs, peppers, onions.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 2:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• A garden gives so many benefits:
    -the increased knowledge as you decide what you want to plant, and learn what each plant needs for hours of open sun exposure, water, type of soil & nourishment, AND the kinds of plants which grow well beside each other ...
    -the creativity of designing where the garden'll be & how to place the plants to serve their needs and to keep them in reach for weeding, AND placing them for beauty or fun (poles for the green beans formed into a teepee which children can play in)
    -the physical benefits of digging, planting, cultivating the soil to keep it aerated, and weeding; and the time outdoors
    -the balancing benefit of falling more easily to sleep because one has been out in nature
    -the character-building aspect of maintaining a long-term project AND of caring for a living thing
    -and the joy of picking & preparing a meal which you/your children have produced !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010