Do you workout with weights?

sokkamum

Asked by sokkamum at 12:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes and I absolutely love it. I get a thrill every time I knock the weight machines up another notch. I love being strong and toned. I can lift anything I need to and I'm far stronger than my hubby. My friend's hubby works in construction and he said he could lift more than me so I grabbed him and lifted him up like a big baby. He shut up after that.

A couple of months ago I was getting on the thigh machine after this big guy. He had it set to 160 if I remember rightly and I needed it at 205. He was getting on the next machine over (the pushing in one, I was on the pushing out one) and he just glared at me then jacked the machine he was on from 160 to 295. He did one rep, whimpered and shuffled out of the gym barely able to walk. Somehow I managed to wait until he was out of sight until I starting giggling. So threatened by a little woman *snort*
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Nope, but my son is 20 lbs and I pick him up a million times a day, so I count that as my weight lifting for the day.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, several times a week. I actually prefer weights to cardio, but I do both.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes...its an important part of health!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes.. 2 or 3 times a week..
    LoveRed71

Answer by LoveRed71 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes I do. And I have to be honest--I hate it. I am such a cardio nut, jogging, aerobics, etc but I force myself to do a weight workout at least twice per week. Not to get beefy, but to be toned, build muscle and bone strength, and all the other good stuff it does for your body. It is hard for me though; I find myself dreading weight days.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010