Does anyone have any new quick & easy 'summer' recipes?

Can you share? It's getting hotter and hotter here, so I'm wanting light and easy recipes to make for dinner when I get home from work.

sokkamum

Asked by sokkamum at 12:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sometimes i'll make some fresh Bruschetta on toasted french bread & just eat that for dinner. I also make lots of neat salads. I always improvise. Sometimes i'l add beef, tuna, chicken, or bacon to my salad & it is SO YUM!!! We always have homemade chicken salad in the fridge too.. Sometiems we'll do sandwitches for dinner with some pasta salad on the side. Sometimes i'll make a huge batch of pasta salad with pepperoni & the whole deal & eat that as for dinner witha nice slice of french bread.

Go to Allrecipes.com

they have a lot of great idea's for summer stuff.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• they were serving this at Costco and my children loved it .I made a few alterations .It is quick ,easy and has a fun food appeal.A can of white chicken ,fat free re-fried beans ,low-fat sour cream, grated cheese or Mexican white cheese ,picante sauce or salsa as mild or hot as you want it and what ever toppings.Put chicken and salsa to taste in bowl heat in microwave ,add some salsa and sour cream to beans and nuke.Spread on corn tortillas first beans then chicken crumble a bit of white cheese add tomato,lettuce what ever.Serve with corn , tomato slices and carrot sticks.If you have everything 10 minutes tops.Sometimes I get baked tortilla chips and we have them as nachos.Easy to double.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you like tuna, you can make very easy tuna salad ingredients: one big can of white albacore tuna, two spoons mayonaise or miracle whip, chopped onion, a small jalapeno pepper fresh chopped, dash of salt mix ingredients and enjoy with white bread or saltine crackers. *** you can use a can of cooked chicken ir you don't like tuna. another recipe is 6 cups of boiling water, cook 10 oz of pasta or 20 oz, for ten to 12 minutes , drain , add a bar of butter, a can of tomato sauce, salt half of a small spoon, and a can of table cream, if you prefer you can use sour cream (I dont because the tomato is acid and sour cream too), you can cook a small package of ground meat and put it on the side, or no meat , you can just add pepperoni, is already cook and they sell it in every grocery store. I have more recipes but a little bit more complex, but EASY if you want :) good luck!
    EllieMarie1

Answer by EllieMarie1 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Seviche
    Cold tortellini feta salad with italian dressing
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010