Dollar Store test?

Does anyone know how sensitive the dollar store tests are? HAs anyone used them and if so, do you remember how love before or after your missed period that you used it?

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• you are peeing on a stick - does it really matter if it comes from the dollar store or a boutique?

Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• For the dollar store ones you have to be late already.
    JandAsMommy

Answer by JandAsMommy at 1:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• They show a bfp a few days after my missed period...not too good for early testing.
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• the dollar store ones you don't pee on a stick..you have to pee in a cup and use a dropper. I've been buying dollar store ones but i'm going out today and buying the equate walmart ones because i used those last time and got quick readings
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• the dollar store test I bought was more sensitive than the $15 test I bought. It picked up my pregnancy before the name brand ones did.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would have to say that, I bought one for giggles before I moved down to VA. I was in a relationship with my sons SD and needless to say I went and bought one and took it..Sure enough it came out positive, and I took another brand name one and came out the same. The line was very faint but it worked quickly..
    navygf07

Answer by navygf07 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• With my last baby I used a dollar store test and it was positive! The line on it was pretty light but it was definitely there. I refuse to ever buy a $15 test when the $1 test from Dollar General works just the same. I had my last period march 20th and i took the test on April 18th so it was before my next period would have started...
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 1:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Thanks everyone!
    crazy4u49033

Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

•  BabyHopes.com says:   "At 10 days past ovulation, for example, the average woman has an hCG measurement of right around 25 mIU. This amount doubles to 50 mIU at 12 days past ovulation, and then doubles again to 100 mIU at around two weeks past ovulation. Different tests have different levels of sensitivity; if you use a home pregnancy test that is sensitive to 100 mIU, it will not tell you that you are pregnant if your level of hCG is only 75 mIU."

Dollar store tests have 25 mIU.  Here's a list of tests and their sesitivity levels at that same website.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• well i just bought the walmart brand and it was just as negative as the dollarstore...damnit
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010