thank you gifts for therapists?

my daughter is in birth to three
she is three soon and will no longer have her three therapists
would like to show my appreciation
any ideas?

was thinking of making a meal (like a casserole) so they have a dinner not to prepare for one night, (i know this would be something that i would like)but they come in am and will not sit well all day in a hot car

also was thinking of giving them some educational toys that my daughter has outgrown, so they can pass along to a family that does not have much, but does this sound presumptionous? we do not have much money, but always scower the rummage sales and thift stores for educational toys like the ones the therapists use

and yes, i wrote this question before, but it was right before "THE CHANGE" and therefore it got buried in questions about grape juice stains on a tan couch, so i am asking again

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 1:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I would donate the toys. They can either use them at their job, in their homes, or know of other's to pass them along to. I was a therapist with special needs children before taking a break to be a SAHM and loved anything anyone passed along to me. I still take anything people pass along now LOL Or you could bake some cookies to go along with the toys to enjoy at a last session.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• When we 'graduated" from therapy with my youngest son we took a pic from around the time he bagan..and then one from the present time. He amde a picture and we helped him write"Thanks for helping me grow" Years later I'm taking my grandson to the same therapist. Guess what is laminated on her 'gym' wall? Yep, his paper and the pics. Surrounded by about 300 more of them. She told me she was really touched by that and it was a great way to show other parents how far others have come.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was going to have my son make them something to remember him by when he "graduated" out of therapy. Probably a picture because he loves to draw. Maybe a candle from the dollar store also. They have some nice ones there.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 1:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Discovery Toys are educational toys that all come with a lifetime guarentee (your therapist would know them). We are having our HUGE Summer Sale now, you can save up to 45%!! If you would like to pm me I can also do a giftcertificate. That is wonderful that you are going to thank your daughters therapist, they do give so much for our prescious babies. :)

Bethe' Smith
    Discovery Toys Team Leader
    discoverytoyslink.com/akbethesmith
    Bethesmith

Answer by Bethesmith at 2:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2010