when to try again?

I am maybe asking a question with a question, but I just m/c 3 weeks ago, had a D & C the following day and haven't yet seen our Nurse Practioner but have an appt. mid-July. We have been mourning this baby as it has taken us several years to even get pregnant and then we m/c just entering the 2nd trimester.
We have been sexually active for the past week and a half but haven't used protection....now, I am wondering if we should?
Have heard many mixed messages about whether we should/shouldn't.
I know that you can get pregnant as I could be quite fertile for the next few months.
No signs that are telling me I am pregnant for sure but my temp has remained at relatively the same for the past week, I am having mild stomach cramps at times throughout the day (feels like pms, but also like I had felt when pregnant), mild headaches (which I have never had).
And no period but that could take many weeks to return.
Any thoughts?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 1:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• when i had my firt miscarriage i had another withing 3 months after..i think i didnt wait long enough...i waited 7 months though and had my son. You just need to give your body time i guess
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• and i'm sorry =(
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It is usually said that you need to wait one full cycle at least. But sometimes, both physically and emotionally, it is better to wait a few cycles. I am so sorry for your loss.
    CarlyQ

Answer by CarlyQ at 1:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I had two miscarriages. After the first one, I was a wreck and due to a careless doctor it ended up lasting 3 months. Yes from the beginning to the end of the miscarriage, three months. It was terrible. We waited three months after it was over and got pregnant again. 8 weeks later, miscarried again. After the second one I was sad and just plain pissed. We waited one cycle and tried again and I had our son in February. HOWEVER, I did not take a full breath until I saw him on our 20 week ultrasound and knew that he was fine. It was an emotionally draining time but absolutely worth it! You have to just go with what you are feeling. If you think you can handle it, try again. If the thought is unbearable, wait. Only you can make the call. I'm sorry you had to go through this and good luck in the future!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010