Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

So frustrated!!!! hubby's ex keeps sending the police

to investigate the welfare of our kids. She is a drug addict who only gets phone visits and keeps sending the cops over all random everytime time she gets a wild hair up her ass!!!!!!!!! lol. ( my mom use to say that).
Anyway, there always unfounded and they don't write up police reports on it...just coming to check it out. Kids are fine and they called her from my phone to tell her and she still trying to reach for anything to try to get us in trouble or whatever. So...annoying!!!! The police said, I can get a call report showing that she always sends the cops over to investigate and it's always unfounded. Can we get her for harassment or how can we make her stop doing this?


Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I would do as much as you can to keep her away from the children. Maybe even send an investigation over to her house. If you know for a fact that she is a drug addict then surely they would find something. File harrassment charges and a restraining order because it sounds like harrassment to is the LEGAL DEFINITION.... the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious

    Answer by amber710 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • get the reports, file harrassment charges and see if the cops will arrest her for faslet reporting something. I would also take her to court and inform a Judge they may even take away her phone visits.
    All those police visits must be upsetting to the children

    Answer by justgrape723 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • I would contact the courts ASAP that harassment is not good for the children. Make sure that your attourny knows that the biological Mom is a drug user and see if they can get random pee test from her. Keep everything that she does written down. The phone records, police showing up, anything.

    Answer by pnwmom at 2:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • I think you can make a report for harassment.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 1:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • Agree with the previous answers. You may even be able to get a restraining order.


    Answer by Christine0813 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • you can file for harrassment, hopefully that should help. i was going to say falsely calling 911, but im not sure how that goes with well-checks. maybe along with you filing the harassment charge, perhaps if she continues to make needless calls to 911/police it will force them to do something as well.

    Answer by iamcafemom83 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • Well if they are here kids then she does have a right to have city law enforcement to check out the well being of her children. However maybe you could try taking here to court to settle some type of child custody agreement. At least that way she can have regular scheduled visits from the law, and you can be aware ahead of time.


    Answer by sugahmamma at 1:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • all good answers
    hope she does get some action taken against her
    if smaller town, police will know the routine and maybe more time to put a stop to her calls
    police have to check out of course, but there must be a limit to how many false calls they can handle from a person

    keep looking for court to help (harrassment /restraint), make calls, even call non emergency number to police to tell them your concerns,

    Answer by fiatpax at 1:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • Also if you take her to court you can request a drug test. That will really change her behavior if it comes back positive. You can get an RO with no problem. Keep copies of everything, keep a paper trail of police reports and every single time she harrasses your family, this will be important to have for court documentation

    Answer by beyondhopes at 1:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010