Is there anyone in the group that is separated because your husband chose a drug addiction over you and his children? I made my husband leave after being married for 8yrs. Now that he has lost his family he claimes he has stopped useing. I dont know if its really true because he lives 4hrs away now. Is there anyone in the same boat as me?

has anyone delt with a husband that has a drug addiction?

Asked by my2boys1131 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• i left my husband for his alchol use. we werent married at the time but i packed up my kids and left. he got his shit together and we went back. we played this back and fourth game though before he finally did stop completly. idk how old your kids are but if they are old enough to know whats going on your probably better off staying away until you know hes sober. i made my husband go through treatment to get us to move all our stuff back in!

Answer by JaY_dOm07 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• No but I am separated from my husband because he decided not to be a husband, father, or employee any more. He decided to rob people instead and now he is in federal jail because he decided to rob banks instead and got caught but he drunk and did drugs daily

Answer by sniyah at 12:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• You need to have proof he has gone through some type rehab then he needs conseling for at least a year this should all be before you even decided to think about another relationship with him

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 12:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Ahhh, my separated twin sister. J/K. I went through this exact same thing with my ex husband. Sadly we divorced because of his addictions. He had been smoking pot for years and I didn't have too much of a problem with it...we had no kids together. He had partied and tried lots of different drugs but had said they weren't for him. One night I found out that he had cheated on me with my best friend and he flipped out and tried to kill himself because he thought I was going to leave him. When they did his tox screen at the ER it was off the charts with barbituates, alcohol, THC, and methamphetimenes. He did 32 days in rehab and came home clean for 2 months. He started drinking again and I left after he broke my ankle. When we went to sign our divorce papers he was coming down from a long night of cocaine. Sadly he is still an addict and now has a child with his girlfriend.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2008