How do I ask to go home early?

My boss is a complete jerk and yelled at me for an hour that last time I needed 2 hours off to go to the doctor. Today, I am REALLY not feeling well, i'm exhausted, my head is pounding and I have been on the virge of vommiting all morning. If I go in and ask if I can go home early, he will yell then tell me I can go at 4 or 4:30 (i'm off at 5 anyways) So how do I go in and ask him, so that he will let me go, like now. So i can go home and vomit all day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• If I'm sick, I don't ask, I tell my boss I am sick and going home
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't ask him, I'd just vomit on the floor and hopefully he gets the hint. Well...maybe ask....and then say, ok but i'm telling you i'm sick.....then vomit. lol I'm sorry you feel like crap!....but don't take his crap either!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Throw up in front of him :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Wow. I'm sorry you are so ill. Tell him like it is. Say you don't want to be here getting everyone thing contaminated and ill too!! Its hard to be strong when you're fragile and down. But you can do it! Good luck! Hope you feel well soon!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree that I wouldn't ask, I would tell. Do you have sick time by chance? Even if not, you do not have to take abuse from your supervisor. Climb the ladder above him/her if you have to. Feel better soon!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Offer to come in early to make up for the time. Or arrange with another worker or two to be available to come in even when it is off days.

Answer by Bmat at 1:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Go to the bathroom and then come and tell him you just threw up and need to go home. If there is ANY discussion you should go RIGHT to HR. GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Stick your head in, tell him you are leaving now cause you are sick. No need to be miserable till 4pm, if you will get the same outcome from him. Then go to the dr's and get a note to keep you home tomorrow as well. He cant do a thing about a dr's note. Hope you feel better
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's already 2:00. I would take some Motrin and wait it out if that is how he will react.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Well, its 2:00 on the East Coast. 11:00 on the West.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 2:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010