Are there any sounds you can't stand? Like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I cannot stand the sound of teeth grinding! My daughter is starting to do this, she was sitting on my lap earlier and just making her front four teeth squeek and squeek, I told her stop and she didn't then I just had to scream "AAAAAH!!! Stop it! Stop that sound!" It makes me cringe just to think about. My son's teeth probably don't fit together right or something, he will often be eating something soft or chewy and I'll hear a loud crunch. I just want to puke when that happens, even though it's not my teeth. Are there any sounds that just drive you crazy?

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Buttons or zippers in the dryer...I'm getting the chills now just thinking about it!!
    People who eat loud, like smacking their lips and it's hard to explain but making noise with their mouths when they eat.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My dog constantly licking his paws! My daughter freaks out over someone filing their nails! I am not kidding, I've seen her break out in a sweat over this.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• people laughing at other people....you can just tell the difference between making fun of someone, and actually enjoying yourself/having fun.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Fingernails on a chalkboard, Gringing teeth, and chewing on ice.

Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I really hate the sound of anyone cracking or popping their spine. My husband has a major thing about styrofoam--he cannot stand the little squeaking noise that styrofoam makes when it rubs against other pieces of styrofoam. It doesn't bother me, so I've always thought it was a little strange.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• The sound if someone that has started their car and its running and they restart it! The terrible grind of the starter and the fly wheel screeching! Or if someone 's car is low on power steering fluid and that poor pump is squealing for some fluid! The sounds of a barking dog that is annoying.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• dog licking her paws
    my ten yr old chewing gum (and almost any gum chewer)

cotton balls rubbing together=really??

i need to go get some balls and try this
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Finger nails on auto paint.
    Crickets in my house...drives me batty.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• nails on a chalk baord, a knife and fork scraping a plate. Someone eating crunchy food with your mouth open.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• nails or anything on a chalkboard, grinding teeth, smacking lips, if i hear someone chewing food, gum, snoring, I know there are a lot more. oh, and animals constantly licking themselves, like my cats.
    earthgoddess669

Answer by earthgoddess669 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010