Signs? Sorry, forgot to mention

For the last week, my boyfriend has been acting...strange. I told him that I'm flexible...that I might always be in his life but his family would, to which he replied "How do you know that?" Then he told me he thought our relationship was heading in the direction of me being in his life for a long time. He's also said that the song "All In" by Lifehouse describes our relationship right now...if you haven't heard it, it basically says that the boy in the relationship is all in for life and isn't going anywhere. But when it came up in conversation a few days ago, he said he wouldn't ask me to marry him just yet because he wanted us to grow more. Do the things mentioned above seem like signs that he's thinking about asking me to marry him soon, or should I not get my hopes up just yet? We've been together for 8 months, 9 on the 10th of July.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• It may be that he is dangling the M word in front of you to get what he wants from you. If he really does notice that you both need to grow more, and it isn't just a delaying tactic, then he sounds like a keeper.

Answer by Bmat at 2:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Getting what he wants from me meaning what? It is a sexual relationship, but that is very limited, because we'd like to focus on growing and getting to know each other as a couple, not on the physical.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oops, and I also meant might not always be in his life.
    countrygirl1987

• maybe let him know your a little confused and need him to be more direct with you.... atleast thats how I am, I like people to be upfront and direct.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It's a dangle, just bait. You need a lot more than a hint of thinking about it. Discussion about it is a better sign, discussion about values, belifes, and where ya'll are headed is a much better sign.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010