If my SO and I aren't getting along should I still expect a b-day gift?

My Birthday is on Saturday. My SO and I haven't been getting along and he has been talking about leaving. But today he said he wants to sit down and work things out. Everyone keeps asking me what is going on for my Birthday and the 4th - Do I make plans with my SO, or on my own? Talk to him? I dunno, he hasn't mentioned anything about my birthday let alone wanting to spend it with me...

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 2:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• If he wants to sit down and work things out later then it sounds like he wants to make a go of things. I dont see why you shouldnt bring up plans concerning your b-day and the holiday this weekend. Good luck with the talk
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oh dear. I am very sorry. I'd suggest forgetting about your birthday right now and think about your relationship and if you honestly want it to continue. Concentrate on what you can do to make it work and what you need from him. If nothing happens on your birthday, then you can always celebrate it yourself or with friends another time.

Answer by Bmat at 2:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would just sit down to talk like he wants to and then bring it up during that conversation. Just tell him that you would like to know if he wants to do something or if you should make other plans.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Sounds like you have bigger things to worry about than your birthday. See if you can work out your relationship and forget about your birthday this year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• maybe you guys could go out alone for your bday. dont expect anything from him just ask him if you guys could go to dinner and begin to connect again. It may not go well but you guys need to spend time together to make it work.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with what the first replier said. Bring it up to him about it when you guys have the talk. If he dont want to celebrate your birthday with you then go out with friends.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2010