Unemployment determination question

I received a letter in the mail stating that I am NOT disqualified for benefits. However, I didn't receive a payment. Am I correct in assuming that I am approved for unemployment benefits? If so, when should I receive my first payment? Thank you for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would assume you would be approved.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 2:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Have you filled out your app? it took my hubby 3 months before he got his first check!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 2:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You can probably check online or by calling. It usually takes a few weeks for a first payment.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It depends on your state's rules. In California, you have a one week waiting period where NO benefits are paid. It takes about two weeks to get a check.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I should say, a few weeks once approved. At least that's how it was for my hubby last year.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My son didn't get his first check for a month. In TX they hold your 1st check until after you get check 2 and 3.(don't ask my why)
    They sent him like 4 envelopes and one said he was approved for a certain amount paid out over 26 weeks at (amount)I suppose all states do it differently. Don't forget to have them take out taxes or you will owe it at tax time.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Contact your local unemployment office.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010