Pregnancy and Bipolar Depression

Has anyone been able to go off their meds long enough to get pregnant and give birth? I'm on Cymbalta, Adderall and Lorazepam and this is the "best" I've ever been doing. I want to go off my meds- to have them out of my body- during conception and my pregnancy. I have been on dozens on antidepressants over the past ten years and when I'm not on them things get really bad. I would like to integrate an organic (or mostly organic) diet along with yoga to help... has anyone had any success with this? I have never done drugs (well, besides what my doctors prescribed), never drank, never smoked... and I currently cannot get insurance (pre existing condition of course) and my husband and I don't have much money. We are not looking to get pregnant now, but in the future when we are more stable financially.

weelittlewitch

Asked by weelittlewitch at 2:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• With many drugs, your body has to be weaned off... I was on anti-depressants with my first pregnancy and afterwards quit taking them, but you need to clear these decisions with your physician. I don't need anti-depressants any longer- took them for about 9 years and have been off them for about 7 now. Eating organic and getting all the vitamins needed are main components of hea;thy living IMO. Exercise releases hormones that increase mental satisfaction as well. I believe you are thinking positively and that you can get where you want to be! Just get it planned out with a physician:)
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 9:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2010