Got any great recipes for something simple and quick to take on a camping trip with easy clean-up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• hot dogs :)

you can look up one pot dinners on scout websites.

Foil packs are also good.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Hobo hamburgers. I do these the night before we leave and we eat them the first night.
    1 large carrot
    1 large baking potato
    4 oz. ground beef I USE TURKEY
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. pepper
    1 tsp. worcestershire sauce, optional
    How to make it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Peel carrot and potato; slice into thin rounds.
    Shape ground beef into patty.
    Layer ground beef patty, carrot and potato in canter of 20-in. square heavy-duty aluminum foil.
    Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
    Bring 2 sides of foil together; roll or fold until foil touches food.
    Fold ends toward center and flatten to seal.
    Place packet on hot coals.
    Cook for 7-10 minutes on each side.
    Make as many pouches as needed.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• For breakfast, a honey bun cake is always a huge hit with my family. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but really no worse than doughnuts, and super easy to make!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• oH, there ares o many ways to do real dinners while camping, one we always use when camping is to make little individual meatloaves, and I slice potatoes fairly thin and lay them in tin foil with some Olive Oil and seasonings, plop the little meatloaf on top of taters wrap up tightly, I usually put another layer of foil, Throw em in the fire when you get set up, or if you want put them on the grill rack, i just prefer the coals on the outside edge of the fire.. If you like fish, it is good that way to, if you are close enough to transport it to campsite safely, or catch fresh which is the best way, a little butter and some lemon and your good to go.

You can cook pretty much anything in a foil pack, and it will be awesome.

Have fun

Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think you cna take frozen pork chops or steaks (with marinade) in the cooler. Put them on the bottom and a few days into the campout they will be thawed and ready to cook.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• we are going camping thur and friday over night--we are going to have--thur supper--beans and hotdogs, and smores, friday breakfast we are having scrambled eggs and muffins--I am bring the muffins from home, lunch just sandwhichs, supper more hotdogs, (the kids have never been camping it will be fun to cook hot dogs even if its two nights in a row) and the friday breakfast will be bananas in peanut butter spread hotdog buns with honey, thats all I can think of---I am also open to suggestions.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 2:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• BBQ.
    Spaghetti with sauce made or store bought. Boil noodles, strain and mix with sauce. Garlic bread in foil packets.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• There are lots of things but the most important thing is foil foil foil.With my second in scouts I realized line everything in foil ,it makes cleanup with out really hot water so easy and back to the fun.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 8:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010