WEIGHT LOSS DURNG PREGNANCY?

have any of you experience weight loss during pregnancy but not because the morning sickness and all the puking? ok so im 9.5 weeks pregnant.found out i was pregnant jun 1st. pre-pregnancy weight was 180..i dont look fat nor i feel fat. i use to play plenty of sports and im guessing that its mostly muscle mass. anyway... so like 2 weeks after i found out i was pregnant i weight in at 185. i was like omg already?lol then 2 days ago i weight my self and i now weight 179. so i gained 5 pounds and loss 6 pounds..this happend with my 1st pregnancy with my daughter. im not even lying but i dont think i gained any "personal" weight during pregnancy because as soon as i had my daughter like that same week i was back to what i use to weigh before i got pregnant with her. anyone had this happen to them?

ABBY90

Asked by ABBY90 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I gained 14 pounds overall and left the hospital weighing less than when I started. I was overweight to begin with at 180. It is no big deal and my doc told me I shouldn't gain more than 15 because of my starting weight.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Sometimes people just don't need to gain any weight during pregnancy. Talk to your doctor about it at your next visit. Not gaining weight CAN be an indication of something wrong, but it doesn't mean something is most definitely wrong. If the baby is growing fine, then no big worry. : )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• at my last opt i had lost 8 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight and i'm about 23 weeks. i thought it was weird but they didnt seem concerned. with my first i gained 50 lbs!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I dropped down to 80 lbs when i was pregnant. I dont know why but I did. And i didnt start gaining until i was 6 months pregnant and even then I barely got to 100 lbs but my baby was completely healthy and weight 7.2 lbs.
    hayliesmommy20

Answer by hayliesmommy20 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I'm 38 weeks and have gained 11 lbs. My prepregnancy weight was 125, so I wasn't overweight to begin with! But my dr isn't that worried, I've never gained more than 22 lbs with my previous 4 and they were all 7 and 8 lbs babies. My 2nd pregnancy I gained 14 lbs total and he was 7 lbs 14 oz, born at 40 weeks.

Answer by missanc at 2:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I lost and gained my whole pregnancy. At 39 weeks (which was when i delivered), i was a pound heavier than i was at my first appointment :) I left the hospital much lighter than my pre preg weight. Cuz i only gained a pound and delivered an 8lb 8oz baby, and all the water he came with. (Which was alot, i had polyhydramnios bad).
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think it's normal to gain and lose weight in the begining, because trust me we pack it all in our last trimester lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Oh don't worry! I had morning sickness from 9 weeks to 15 weeks, and I lost 30 pounds in that time. Crazy, right? I wound up only gaining 10 pounds back in the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy, and I had a wonderfully healthy 8 pound 2 ounce baby girl who is now 5 months and 18 pounds :)
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I lost tons of weight while pregnant with my boys, but it was because of all the throwing up I did, I lost 50 lbs with my 18 yo and 45 with my 15 yo. My drs were not happy with me at all, I never gained not even 1 oz. Not even what the babies weighed and my oldest was 9lbs 2 oz.
    butterflymeme

Answer by butterflymeme at 8:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• A friend of mine had gestational diabetes so she lost a little weight during her pregnancy, but the doc said not to worry because the baby was growing well and now she's a happy, healthy 5 year old.
    RoxyRy3

Answer by RoxyRy3 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010