5 weeks pregnant....trying to figure shit out

between my husband and i we already have 5 kids. i have been on birth control the whole time. but a recent pain let me to the doctor, thinking my familys history of cysts was hitting me. instead they find a 5 week fetus. i dont think i could get an abortion, i could not give my child up for adoption. but we really cant afford to have another child. what do we do? just deal with it? should i look into abortion anyway? THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION AND IM NOT KIDDING....I REALLY NEED ADVICE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to ask yourself. You have to do whats best. I say have the baby, you will figure it out. And theres all kinds of help out there for mothers to help with food and formula etc. You can do it :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no, i had the same problem in a way, keep that baby and GOD would take care of you.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 2:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Only you can decide what is right for you. You took the precautions so I would not blame you for an abortion. Adoption is not as difficult as you may think. It is difficult yes but you would know that your child was well cared for in a loving home. I regret at times not giving up my youngest for adoption, we had everything set and ready to go and at 8 months pregnant I changed my mind. I would not keep the child if you think you cannot afford one. Good luck to you and your decision making. It is a tough one..I know. I have been unexpectedly pregnant three times as a stupid teenager and had to face this decision. Only one of mine was a true accident when I was taking precautions.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Well unfortunately, the pill is not 100% effective. You should have been told that when you started taking them. As for what you decided, that's up to you but for me...I had sex, protection or not, if I got pregnant, I would keep the baby because if I didn't want another, I shouldn't have had sex or one of us should have gotten fixed.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Since you have older children you have hand me downs, and if you plan on nursing all you really have to worry about buying is diapers for a while. I make my own baby food so its a lot more affordable (and more tasty). You can make things work... I know its hard to deal with right now, but everything happens for a reason!
    Rachel315

Answer by Rachel315 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• There is no way to afford another baby? I would give it up for adoption if I really couldn't afford my child.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am in the same boat. I am 6 weeks along and I only have one other child. I am VERY pro choice, BTW. My SO and I are debating what we are going to do. It is a very hard decision to make, but we know that we cannot afford another child right now and it is in our best interest to focus on the one we have. GL mama - Don't let all of the pro-life moms tear you down. I could never put my child up for adoption either... As selfish as they may see it, its a personal choice.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 2:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I dont think you should get an abortion. If you cant afford it there are tons of people out there that cant have a baby so maybe try looking into that. But if you dont think you can do either then just deal. god doesnt give you more than you can handle. I wish you the best and good luck : )
    hayliesmommy20

Answer by hayliesmommy20 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If it was me, I would keep the baby. Everything always has a way of working itself out.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• If you can't care for the child, give the baby up for adoption and get your tubes tied.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010