do you give your children koolaid?

My baby is 14 months old and I recently let him try some which he of course loves it. I make mine with half the sugar it calls for, so I dont feel like he is getting too much.
he gets juice sometimes but in the summer heat I like him drinking all the water he can. so I guess its two questions:do you give your kids kool aid, and if yes, do you alter it?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 2:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just wanted to add I don't think giving your kid koolaid is a bad thing, to each her own, I just personally think the stuff is disgusting and I never give my DD anything that I wont eat/drink.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, not at all. Mine don't even really drink juice, except maybe once a month or so. They always ask for water.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• yes I do. I put half the sugar in it and I tend to water down each glass as well.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, no, no, no. I personally think koolaid is NASTY, I wont even have it in my house! And my little one drinks primarily water, usually only 2 oz of juice a day - watered down to 4 - and two cups of milk.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My dd only gets koolaid on her birthday. It's one of the special treats that she's allowed to have. Other than that she only gets it if she is at someone else's house.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Nope, I give her V8 Splash. I figure if she wants juice, she can at least get something that's healthy. There is nothing healthy in Koolaid even if you don't add sugar.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I only started once my son was 14 y/o and didn't want water.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No just Milk or water with the occasional juciy juice watered down.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• we buy the little bottles of it and she is allowed one a day
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I buy the koolaid that you just have to add water to. But I use what is called for a quart usually 1 scoop full and use 1 gallon of water
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 2:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2010