IDK what this is. should I go to the doctor or suck it up?

My ovaries have been hurting for the past couple weeks and Im not sure what to do or what it could be. I cant go to the doctor because I dont have insurance, but it hurts so bad that sometimes, I burst into tears. What could it be? Should I just suck it up and go to the doctor or just suffer and hope it goes away? Could I be pregnant again?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Health

• Yes, maybe cysts, go to a doctor and find out. If it is something that needs fixing, get it done. Good luck, and ((hugs.))

Answer by Bmat at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree with the PP...I have had a couple of friends have "Cysts" on their ovaries and I watched them double up in pain because they "popped". It seems like it hurts freaking badly. Good luck hun! I think the doctor is a good choice if your in so much pain, especially when you have insurance.
    MarrsBar211989

Answer by MarrsBar211989 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• First of all, there are SOOOO many things that it "could" be. How do you know that it is your ovaries? If something is painful enough to you that it causes you to cry, then my advice would be to have it checked out. Go to your local ER/Urgent Care if you are unable to see a physician at a clinic due to lack of insurance. ER's are required by law to see patients, and treat them regardless of their ability/inability to pay. But regardless of financial concerns, it certainly warrants being looked in to. You would not want to "suck" it up, only to find it is something serious. There are just too many possibilities that you really should be seen.

Good Luck.
    kiddosX8

Answer by kiddosX8 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• if you dont have insurance go to the health department. in some areas they have free programs, and you may have to wait a while to get in so make the opt asap.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Maybe cysts on your ovaries?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would go to the doctor. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    Rachel315

Answer by Rachel315 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Could be cysts. Those hurt like crazy. I would try to get into one of those cheap clinics. If you are bursting into tears, then it needs to be looked at. Especially if you have had this for a couple of weeks.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i went through this too. it was awful. i didnt go until it was time for my anual and then i had to have a colposcopy with biopsies because they found pre cancerous cells. you should go ahead and go in.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2010