38 weeks and having AWFUL cramps!

They feel almost like a super bad period, but I'm not having any bleeding, no mucous, no contractions. Has anyone else experienced cramps like this so late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go ahead and run in and get checked out.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• are they spaced out or do they come at regular intervals? sometimes contractions feel like cramps. it could be the first stage of labor. it can last for a LONG time.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Call the doctor immediately... this could be early labor. I had those same feelings but wasn't dialated AT ALL. They let me go to the hospital and be monitored in mother and baby anyhow (due to previous c-sections) and had they not I would have delivered at home. Unbeknownst to me I was having fierce contractions at about 75-85% every minute and a half or so. I wasn't monitored maybe 15 minutes before we started the paperwork and such for the c-section and tubal ligation.
    GET CHECKED OUT and INSIST on being monitored!
    You very well may in labor - and this only happened to me three months ago. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• It could be early labor.... in which case you don't need to call the doctor immediately or rush in to get checked. That won't hurry anything along, it will only make you more anxious. Relax, treat yourself to a relaxing bath, drink plenty of fluids and eat some good food, get some sleep if you can. Good luck!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I thought I was having "cramps" with my first. I thought something was wrong with the baby. Um, no! I was in labor!!! Get yourself to the hospital!!! :-)
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 3:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Being monitored is the WORST idea ever! The biggest impact fetal monitoring has is to increase the c-section rate!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Adelicious, your statement is not based on facts.. and is VERY ignorant.

As far as the cramping, it is normal to experience strong Braxton Hicks at this point in your pregnancy. As long as they are not coming in regular intervals, you are completely fine. I would just try to drink lots of water and relax.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would say the cramping are contractions! You are considered full term already, you can have a tall glass of water and lay down and see if that helps. If that doesn't help I would go to L&D just to get checked out good luck!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2010