Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

my neighbors are always arguing on weekend

i think they get drunk/drugs and argue. I want to call the cops anon and say something about it? but if I do will they have a domestic report on them if I call. I don't want to cause any problems if it's just loud arguing and not actual abuse or domestic abuse. On the other hand it could be abuse and I just hear the arguing. Should I call or not? if so will there be a domestic report on them?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I think any time the police are called there is a report written up, but I don't know if it will be domestic it could be a possible domestic but after further investigating it was an argument or someone under the influence of narcotics or alcohol or nothing at all.. Just depends on the situation. I would call if it continues and let the police handle it and maybe it will stop.

    Answer by Angeleyez08 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • You do not have to report abuse, just report that it's too loud & disturbing the neighborhood. The police will tell them to be quiet.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 2:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • I would call. Even if it isn't domestic abuse at least maybe they will realize how loud they are being a quiet down, and if it is domestic abuse you may save someone from a world of pain and possibly entrapment. If they aren't doing anything to get arrested or in trouble then all the cops will do is ask them to quiet down.

    Answer by Memigen at 2:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • not sure about the report but you never know when these things will get out of hand. I would call the police the next time it happens they may not realize they can be heard. And sometimes all it takes it 1 visit from the police for them to straighten out. If nothing else they are disturbing the peace
    good luck

    Answer by justgrape723 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • Call the cops. Sorry but we deal with this a lot! We are surrounded by the worst bunch of rental homes. We and a few others own but a lot of them including the one full of strippers next door and the drunks across the street are very disruptive. I am fed up. If I could move I would!

    Answer by salexander at 3:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • Yeah, just call and complain about the noise. Then it won't be a domestic issue unless they find out it is. On the other hand, I wonder if the police will ask you if you've already asked them to be quiet?

    Answer by Adelicious at 3:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • I think the police are very understanding these days when people do not want to go and confront others. You never know who has guns and a short fuse. Its best left up to the professionals.

    Answer by justgrape723 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • Someone in that house may be praying that a neighbor will call the police for them. You could be their saving grace. I say call.

    Answer by MommaB0334 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

  • I would call if it gets noisy, make the police aware so that if it does get violent police can take care of it. Other than that if it were me, I would stay out of it. I would feel bad if one of them got hurt and I didn't at least alert the police.

    Answer by litninbug at 7:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010